Morning – 0800-1130
- Finishing yesterday’s bWh delivery (transporting gasoline and distilled water to appropriate locations)
- Log writing and posting (based off yesterdays events)
- Meeting with Con (C) about delegation to bWh to contribute to work party focused on invasive plant management
- PR delegated to bWh, Kathy (K) is incident commander.
Lunch – 1130-1200
- Meeting with K to discuss my role in invasive plant management event
- PR to clarify specifics of delegation to bWh w/C
- PR to be educated on brush cutter operation
- PR to be familiarized with manageable unit of the day (stilt grass management area)
- PR to begin bWh mapping project, using the stilt grass management area as a warm-up
Afternoon – 1200-1630
- Check-in w/ C and K about my delegation to bWh for the day
- Way-point collection with GPS following K to establish boundary of stilt grass management area
- Verification of Stilt Grass identification ability
- Brush cutter education (Brush cutter was not used, neither K not I could get it started)
- Compost (helped collect and dump compost, loaded trailer with hay for compost bin)
- Garden work (pulling invasive grasses)
bWh mapping project: I was weary of starting the mapping project as I felt I was relatively unclear of what K was looking for. Based off further explanation and a walk-through, K helped me to better understand the concept of the project and the specific area that was mapped today.
I will follow up with K next Monday on thoughts for going forward with the project.
Communications: I felt that communications between myself and K, and between myself and C went fairly well today. There were a couple issues, such as when C brought up the topic of my delegation to bWh. In this exchange, I did not get enough information to be able to clearly explain the details of the delegation to K, which then required a second meeting with C for clarification.